Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Author : Bharati Ahuja
Google just announced the introduction of Google+ Business Pages a collection of tools and products that help you grow your audience. At the core of this is Google+ Pages, your site’s identity on Google+.
You can create a Google+ Business Page on https://plus.google.com/pages/create. It’s not yet available for everyone, but will be “soon” according to Google. If it available for you then you will be given the following category options:
- Local Business or Place
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
- add people to circles,
- edit their profile,
- share things in Google+,
- +1 comments and photos, and
- create and join Hangouts.
But Google+ pages and Google+ profiles are not entirely the same.
Differences between Google+ Pages and Google+ Profiles
- Pages are extremely similar to profiles, but they have some key differences:
- Pages can’t add people to circles until the page is added first or mentioned. Learn more.
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities whereas profiles can only be made for people.
- The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public.
- Pages have the +1 button.
- Pages can’t +1 other pages, nor can they +1 stuff on the Web.
- Pages can’t play games.
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’.
- Pages don’t receive notifications via email, text, or in the Google bar.
- Pages can’t hangout on a mobile device.
- Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location. Learn more about local pages.
Some of the organization business pages already available are
All American Rejects
Anderson Cooper 360
Barcelona Football Club
Good Morning America
Save the Children
Special Report with Bret Baier
We too just created our page on WebPro Technologies
Google has also uploaded a video regarding business pages:
Its always great to have a clear identity about your business and personal profiles on social media . These kind of demarcations also draw a clear line between social media marketing and social media optimization . As having a social media presence for any business is essential but setting the purpose for using the social media platform wisely to attain maximum reach and benefit is also essential.
Our blog post on http://blog.webpro.in/2011/07/setting-purpose-of-your-social-media.html has more information about it.
Posted by Bharati Ahuja at Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Popular Blog Posts
Image via Wikipedia A few weeks ago Google had introduced Google Instant a new way of searching that made search more interactive , quick a...
The Indian Ecommerce Industry today maybe in nascent stage today but has the positive potential of an amplified growth in the near fut...
Every SEO is always on the lookout for some great SEO Tools which will simplify and facilitate the work of optimizing websites. There a...
Author : Wasim Ismail The wider connection a business can make to their target markets, the higher possible sales they can have. With th...
Author : Bharati Ahuja Google authorship Mark up is the foundation stone for the edifice of the Knowledge Graph . The proper use of the...